Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ob-La-Di Blah Blah Blah

Imagine there's no Heaven
No thanks.
It's easy if you try
Don't wanna.
No hell below us
But where will short shorts go?
Above us only sky
And the International Space Station.
Imagine all the people
Give me a minute.
Living for today
Short-sighted narcissists.
Imagine there's no countries
What would I do with my passport?
It isn't hard to do
You try it.
Nothing to kill or die for
What a drag.
And no religion too
Eee gads!
Imagine all the people
Done.
Living life in peace
Umm . . . what?

You may say that I'm a dreamer
That's not the name I was thinking . . .
But I'm not the only one
There are more of you?!?
I hope someday you'll join us
Ice cube, hell. Monkeys, butt.
And the world will be as one
ZZzzzzzzzz.

Imagine no possessions
How 'bout soap for your pits, hippie!
I wonder if you can
Can. Won't.
No need for greed or hunger
Greed this, sasquatch!!
A brotherhood of man
@#$%&!
Imagine all the people
You can't make me!
Sharing all the world
Senseless cat farts !

You may say that I'm a dreamer
Flabby turkey gills!
But I'm not the only one
Toenails growing on tree stumps!
I hope someday you'll join us
Camel juice! Lips in gravy!
And the world will live as one
Soccer balls.


(I like the Beatles; I really do. But this post-Beatles tune by ex-Beatle, now-deceased Lennon is an empty wish bomb on saccharine wheels. Go ahead and Eleanor Rigby me instead. Hit me with a Paperback Writer. We Can Work It Out, as long as you don't make me Imagine.)

2 comments:

  1. Your brother doesn't care for this song too much either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "senseless cat farts." Let's face it. Most of them are.

    This is why people gravitated toward Paul (until he formed Wings, of course) because John was too busy singing about unicorns with Yoko.

    ReplyDelete